Friday, December 08, 2006

California dreamin



I don't even know where to begin! Ok, from the beginning. Monday 7:05 am boarded a plane to L.A. then drove to Anaheim. I had never been to Anahiem and now I know I'll never go back. The only reason I had to go in the first place was for a very big hospital convention. I'm a pixiedust pusher remember? Well actually I manage a bunch of pixedust pushers. Anyway, can you say HOTEL CALIFORNIA, it was the worst hotel hell....just in case you ever get the chance not to stay there it's the Anabella aka AnaHELLA. I was a hostage for one night because everything due to the convention was sold out. OOPs I left out a part.
"Chia" Chris and Mia, had sales calls in the same part of Cali, hows that for coincidence? Another ADD moment, Chia was arrived by lightening bugs butt calling us the new benifer. Benifer? I arrived at a different combo ofour names. Moving on, yup literally. Yipee! the next night a room opened up at the Sheraton. For those of you who have read a while you already know by my Vegas "work" post that this is a tough life. Monday night Chia blew off our dinner reservations and opted for a nap (wink) woke up hungry. So after calling several places around and NO openings we ended up at Joes Crab Shack, sorry meant to say Joes CRAP shack. Tuesday night MUCH better went to Beverly Hills and had the most incredible sushi at KOI. I know I'm famous. I'm really likin the Beverly Hills, no no I am lovin it! Wednesday work until 2:30, God I love my job. Chia pulls the car up and we go back to B.H. Oh no folks not just back to any old place but the ultimate ( pinching myself again) THE BEVERLY HILLS HOTEL. I can't even describe it. You HAVE to go on the website and check it out. It is a palace brimming over with nostalgia. Four hours until dinner at The Ivy. Tick tock Tick Toc... What can Mia accomplish in four hours in Beverly Hills? Four sweaters, two pairs of leggings, two camis, one strapless dress, one mini, a pair of skinny straight leg jeans, cute panties and one pair of boots whew! Did I mention the partridge in the pear tree?
Dinner at The Ivy was d-lish and very romantic. Upon returning to our hotel (ha our hotel) we finished the evening off with a drink in the Polo bar then back to our suite. Bubbles bubbles in the bath, thats all I'm giving up to you there. I'm just going to end this post with this: It was one if not the most magical and memorable 24 hours I have ever had.

cha cha cha CHIA

16 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chia, cute.

So, are you a pharmaceutical rep? I'm thinking "pixie dust" means Paxil or something.

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger MIA said...

Yes, I'm a Sales manager for a pharmaceutical company. No Paxil, close... morphine/pain management, many others.... we are the guys that wait for the patents to expire so Walmart can give you a script for 4 bucks.

 
At 3:37 AM, Blogger Jodi said...

Oh my gosh, that sounds great. I like the bubble bath part the best. Sounds like you and Chris had a great time.
J.

 
At 4:55 AM, Blogger NWJR said...

mia: I have this pain in my knees...can you get me free drugs?

I'm to cheap to pay four bucks.

:-)

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger MIA said...

Hoosier: We had an amazing good time. As you know I love to travel. I thank god for my job everyday through the many years in the healthcare/drug industry I have been very fortunate to go great places. My daughter is quite the little traveler too!

NWJR: Sorry, no free samples here. I'm not a visiting Dr. donut/lunch delivery whore ( no offense to Pharma reps) I'm in Sales and marketing for a large generic company. We don't need to give anything free away to bribe a doc to write a script. Even if I could give you free morph I wouldn't. I'd much rather you be creative and crush up some old psedoephedrine and mix it with some nyquil. That'll get you going... come on think outside the box!

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Hale McKay said...

Good for you. I'm glad you had a great time in spite of the "Hotel California."

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Rachel said...

Sounds like a great time honey, in pursuit of good food, clothes shopping and fun times, and also the late night activities too! Sorry not been around much, manic christmas parties at work.
x

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger FindingHeart said...

Please don't let that lead to calling your beautiful daughter 'chia pet'. Har har. :)

I'm glad enjoyed The Hills without going into bankrupcy along the strip. Ha!

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Hollz said...

sounds like fun...free drugs hook me up im payin an arm and a leg for my meds..

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger MIA said...

Hale, Hotel what? I forgot all about that nightmare.

Rach: so did you wear the boots? heels of flats?? hmmm?

Finding heart: Funny, ok I'll call our little 3lb teacup maltese he chia pet! Good thinking.

Hollz: wish I could help you out, but always insist on the generic or if it's not available ask your Dr. for something close and as effective. You'll save a ton of money. Seriously, Walmart has many four dollar prescriptions and they are one of my customers.

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Trundling Grunt said...

Sounds like a very romantic weekend - wish I could get a business trip like that. Most of mine seem to be fly in- fly out deals so I don't really get to know where I am.

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Girlie said...

Chia...how cute!

Sales Med Rep? I have a cousin and all his children who does nothing but. I don't know how they all manage to end up Bohrenger-Engelheim...don't know how to spell that really.

It sounds like a fun job.

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Girlie said...

Oh...I remember...they always have the cutest pens and note pads...do you have that Mia? :)

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger MIA said...

Shosh: I not exactly a rep, but I manage a bunch of them. We do not exactly have note pads, but we have a ton of other goodies...

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like you love your work, Mia...now every time I go to my doctor's office and see the reps 'patiently' (pun intended) waiting with a bag of apples or boxes of warm donuts, I will think of you...LOL.

Fun post today.

Cheers,
Carol

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Redneck Nerdboy! said...

Goodness! First New York, now L.A! You're the textbook definition of a jet-setter now, you know that?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home