Saturday, November 11, 2006

We're Not In Kansas anymore....


We aren't so sexy now are we... With the dust bunny broom and a bucket full of bleach water. Saturday night, my daughter is watching a movie and I turned into the wicked witch of the west. I'll get you my pretty and your little DIRT too. Ever clean and clean and then take a look and things look worse than when you started?! This just happened to me. I call it zig zag cleaning. I zigged into a closet to start cleaning and organizing. I realized that a box of pictures should be put into another room. When I got ( zagged) in that room, I noticed a few other things that should be put in to the aforementioned closet. On the way (zig) to the closet I thought damn my floor looks really bad, so I got (zag) a broom. I had to pee so I went to the bathroom and realized as I was washing my hands I needed to clean the sink and mirror. I went to get (zag) the glass cleaner and paper towel. When I opened the cabinet to get the windex and paper towel I realized the cabinet could use some organizing.... zig zag zig zag. .. A really hot bath, candles and a glass of champagne is sounding way more productive right now.

15 Comments:

At 8:04 PM, Blogger Jodi said...

You're still pretty, even with your hair piled up on your head and a broom in your hand!
You crack me up!
What a funny girl!
J.

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger MIA said...

J. Thanks but I'm not kidding. The cyclone from wizard of Oz came through my condo and that was after i had been cleaning WTF?

ps. the bath was awesome!

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Hale McKay said...

(Pant -Pant.) Resting a bit after reading about your cleaning frenzy. So frenetic was your work that i got tired.

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger MIA said...

Hale: i know I'm exhausted, as Miss Scarlett would say, "Tomorows anotha day"

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Oh man...I do that kind of cleaning ALL the time!!! lol Welcome to my world!! hehe

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Dan said...

Zig-zagging can be very tiring. Geez, I got pooped just reading about all the zig-zagging you had to do! ;)

Down with zig-zagging!

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Distant Timbers Echo said...

My wife and I used to do that ALL the time. Not any longer. We made a pact that when cleaning day rolls around, we take one room only and clean it. Then move on to the next. It's just what it is. Bleh.

You're still a damn fox, girl.

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Lee Ann said...

You still look sexy and beautiful to me!

Hope you are having a good weekend!
~xo

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Jodi said...

I wish I had help cleaning. And I don't mean the kids. They help. But I mean an adult. Boy, would it make a difference!

And Redneck Nerdboy is right - you're still gorgeous.
(sticking out tongue)
J.

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger LZ Blogger said...

"A really hot bath, candles and a glass of champagne is sounding way more productive right now." Makes all the zigs & zags go away! ~ jb///

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Trundling Grunt said...

Cleanliness isn't all its' cracked up to be. Sometimes it's nice to be dirty isn't it, he asked with a raised eyebrow?

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger MIA said...

Chelle: It must be is creative types that zig and zag

Dan: whew I just got tired from reading how pooped you got from knowing how much I zig zagged

Jas: Ive tried that..doesn't seem to be workin for me. Maybe next time I'll try a Ritalin before I clean. Have any?

Lee Ann: You are sweeeeeeet.

Hoosiergirl: I had a cleaning lady. OMG it was worse, I would clean, like super clean before she got here then pay her to do a light swiffering!

LZ: Ahhh way more productive

Mr. Grunt Yes siree, it is fun to be a dirty girl at just the right time.

 
At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good GAWD, that’s exactly how I clean. LOL

For the record, your hair looks good that way and you have a way nice smile.

 
At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never has a post about housecleaning been so charming.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Girlie said...

LOL. Mia, it's like "If you give a mouse a cookie"

LOL. You look great cleaning! I try to wear my 3 inch heels while cleaning because it makes me feel good!

I would wear my swimsuit too, but I don't want to be reminded yet that it shrunk!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home