Monday, October 23, 2006

Mia's Magic Shopping Spell



Yes! I LOVE shopping. Surprise! I like to think of myself as a consumer supporting and contributing to the economy. Most men as we know do not really like to shop. They shop if they have to. It's a mission accomplishment type thing, similar to their sexual behavior and conquest. Another blog topic...
Ok, moving on. I'm dating "Chris" Chris is NOT a shopper. Chris does not like shopping. He has the guy at the store pick out stuff, he tries, then buys. Shopping completed... b-o-r-i-n-g. Gets the essentials suit shirt tie, did I mention boring. Saturday morning Chris mentions he has to pick up alterations from Nordstrom. I mention I have a return. Chris says, " PERFECT! Lets go together. My brain kicks in...... ding ding ding, do you have any idea what you are getting into? Lyrics from an Eagles song start going on in my head " You can check out anytime you like, But you can never leave!
Chris likes my fun game, it's called fashion show. I pick out you try on, you pick out I try on.... Five hours later (a short crab bisque break at the cafe) store is closing.
Summary: Chris's purchases:
4 long sleeve awesome shirts
2 silk blend undershirts
2 pair of trendy jeans
1 bottle of cologne
1 goody bag of samples I got from chatting it up with the men's fragrance gal
I fashion show from Mia
And Chris didn't like shopping.........

15 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Blogger Vikings said...

I like to shop. I'm particular about the way my pants hug me. I enjoy bargains. And sometimes I just like to look around for a while and leave, not having seen anything that meets my tough criteria. I enjoy walking away feeling like a MAN who knows what he likes- I'm proud of the way my taste has refined over the years to a proudly selective sieve.

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Distant Timbers Echo said...

Okay.

You girls often complain that we don't like shopping and then list the things you don't like about it.

How about list the things you girls DO like about shopping! What is it about shopping that you enjoy, so that you might be able to enlighten us men on it!

:)
Always!
Jas...

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Alejandra said...

"He has the guy at the store pick out stuff, he tries, then buys"

That's me except I'm a girl and I don't even try the thing out unless my mom's there... making me...

:D

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger MIA said...

JAS: what I don't like about shopping...

What I do like about shopping: getting front row parking, opening the door to the store and just the smell of everything.. that mall smell, mmmm all the fragrances combined. Finding the perfect outfit, shoes, belt, purses, then finding out it's on sale in your size! Having a shopping lunch break. Going with a guy that enjoys it and has fun too. And the best thing about shopping... asking your best friend, do these jeans make my ass look big

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Trundling Grunt said...

When SWMBO and I go shopping she often stes out with some ideas of what she wants in mind. I go for the ride. But I often come back with more than she does - which is weord but comes form having no pre-set idea. Or clue for that matter.

 
At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey. I like to shop -- at Costco.

I love me some Costco.

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger MIA said...

Mr. Grunt: thats called compulsive shopping

Bug: I thought you loved the "marts" K, Wal, Pets

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger L said...

A goody bag full of samples KOOL!

My guy likes shopping its my son who hates it.

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger MIA said...

lori: you got a good guy!

Mags: Yes I agree, the more I shop the more I want it bad. real spank me bad. Oh and the bisque is to die for sister

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Distant Timbers Echo said...

Perhaps it isn't just shopping across the board that is what men don't like.

I don't like shopping in malls where everything is bright and stringent and soul-less. But I LOOOVE shopping in old book stores and antique shoppes and candy stores. There is something there behind the stuff they have for sale. A history, a certain smell that lets you know you've crossed out of the world you once knew and into a new one. That's the kind of shopping I like.

:)

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Trundling Grunt said...

I seem to be the anti-fred. I can happily window shop and have no compulsion to buy anything. I sometimes just like to know what's going on out there.

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger MIA said...

Jas: you should really try fashion show shopping. you get to pick anything out for your wife and she has to try it on for you no matter what while you sit in the "man chair" then she she gets to do the same for you.

PY: Oh yes, mall watching, the best, even better after mimosas

Mr. Grunt: kinda sounds like your making Fred out to be the devil "anti Fred" ha

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Jodi said...

I think just about any man who has met you, or has seen your picture, would be willing to play "fashion show" with you. I think Redneck Nerdboy would be at the front of the line, drooling! (laugh)
Sounds like a good trick, though, to get a guy to shop.
J.

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger MIA said...

Fred: I did not mean that in a bad way.... grunt just called you the anti Fred

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger MIA said...

Hoosiergirl: I think you are right only if I had a "shoe" fashion show. He's a foot guy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home