Monday, November 27, 2006

THE MOST THANKFUL FOR...



I had THE BEST Thanksgiving ever. My daughter and I went to New York City. It was her first time. I grew up in Westchester N.Y. until about the 7th grade. My parents divorced. My mom, brother and I moved to Florida. My Dad stayed in New York for the best treatments offered at Albert Einstein Hospital for his brain cancer. We would fly up from Florida quite often and spend summers in NYC. We all had great times. Some of my very best memories were right there. Ice skating at Rockerfeller Center, the Rockettes, Carriage rides through Central Park, Fao Schwartz, Hot dogs from street vendors, pizza by the slice bigger than your face, the list goes on. This year I was able to experience all of this and more through my daughter's eyes. As if the trip could not get any better my mom, John (her s.o. of 10 years) and one of my nephews met us there. We had Thanksgiving dinner at Tavern on the Green. On Friday Chris flew in and spent the weekend with us and we all saw WICKED on Broadway.
A little over eight years ago my daughter was born. I never knew how much love I was capable of giving. It continues to grow and at times over flows. Not one day goes by I am not Thankful. She is my most precious gift. Thank you God.

I hope all of you had a really wonderful holiday. I never understood this whole blog thing until a friend of mine introduced me to it. You know who you are, and Thanks. My blogland friends rock!

12 Comments:

At 7:51 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

You're right....Blogland friends DO rock! :)

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Hale McKay said...

What a simply wonderful Thanksgiving! Good for you!

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Osbasso said...

Sounds like a wonderful time! Only one thing missing... Don't fret!

 
At 8:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rock out sweetie!

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Hollz said...

aww your daughter is beautiful, you 2 look so much alike... I;m glad to hear that you enjoyed your holidays..

I've always wanted to go to nyc.


Take care and dont forget about my tag questions:)

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds great! There's nothing that I'm more thankful for than my family... My daughters are precious and so is my wife!

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger CeeCi said...

You both look so beautiful in your dressy dresses! Thank you for sharing your memories and the joy you experienced on this trip!

**Hugs**
♥ CeeCi

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Distant Timbers Echo said...

Blogland is a very nice place to talk about it all. Here we see your heart before your appearances, and true friends are made that way!

At least, I like to think so.

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Hollz said...

Mia, lol no html shit im not all that great at that ither..

all you do is copy the questions from my blog and answer them in your blog...

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Jodi said...

Wow, you are lucky. That vacation sounds great.
Your daughter is adorable.
And I'll take your tag as soon as I can.
Thanks for the e-mail.
J.

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger FindingHeart said...

Small town country boy has to admit to driving straight through NYC (without stopping) on his way to Boston. In my new life now, I think I'll have to actually go and experience if for a weekend. You and others make it sound fun.

BTW, love how you write with an enthusiasm for living! Keep having fun with it.

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Your little daughter is lovely, like you....BTW, I've seen Wicked twice and from time to time I put some of the music up on my blog. I had it up over Halloween..LOL.

Cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home