Sunday, September 03, 2006

A Very Laborious Weekend



I'm in Florida for the weekend visiting family. Dysfunction Junction as we like to call it. It's a blast. The family loves it when I come, one reason of many- I'm an excellent cook. It was requested that I prepare a meal. I love cooking and I always cook in high heels. It's the domestic goddess princess in me. The menu, grilled beef tenderloin with a bernaise sauce, my famous, creamy garlic mashed potatoes, broccoli and a BLT salad. I cooked every bite. After everyone at the junction snarfed down the meal, It was smoke time. I'm the only family member that does not smoke, so I also get clean up duty. Hey, good for them. I'm sure there is nothing like a Pall Mall apertif to finish off a great meal.

More Labor: Last night the girls of the junction decided to go out for dinner. We were going to celebrate my nieces 10th and my daughter's upcoming 8th birthdays. OMG, we go to the WORKARAUNT of all workaraunts. The MELTING POT. As if 100 bucks per couple is not enough... You have to cook your own food! Boil it to be exact, in a pot of broth. Isn't that called soup?

Speaking of workaraunts now that I'm on a roll. Panera bread. I love them, but I think they have taken self service a bit too far. Not only do they want you to bring your tray to the trash (I'm fine with that) they want you to sort. Yes! Sort your dishes, paper, utensils and glasses. What's next asking you to come in the back to rinse and load the dishwasher?

All fun aside, I had a great weekend at the junction. I hope you had a fun Labor Day weekend too!

10 Comments:

At 6:59 PM, Blogger Humour and last laugh said...

interesting blog.

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Humour and last laugh said...

Hi! thanks. Read my blog 'Which dot you areon the map?' just on the front page!

 
At 5:33 AM, Blogger MIA said...

Humour--
thanks you do have so many visitors around the world.

Pyrh-- Stop by anytime. I cooked for twelve. The jeans, way ripped and I was dumb enough to pay eighty dollars for them. Workaraunt= a dining estallishment where you participate in either having to "go get" your food or clean up your mess etc. I'm sure you have been to one already. That's two things I've taught you. PDA and workaraunt. I'm a great teacher.

 
At 5:33 AM, Blogger MIA said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger L said...

What part of Florida did you go to?

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Girlie said...

Oy....good thing I haven't been to Panera. They'd hate me as I cannot have enough time to bring my tray to trash for hording 3 little ones.

Good if my Lil Sis or Mom would come, but if not, then they'll have to hate me.

I love to cook. I also noticed that whoever cooks, gets to clean up. It's like a law or something.

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger MIA said...

Lori: I wnet to the cocoa beach area. My family is there . I'm the only St louis family member. I go visit whenever I can long weekends short weekends whenever... This was a definite spur of the moment trip.

Shoshana: I agree! It's also like the shopping cart thing. You have your kids, unloaded the shopping cart into the car. Kids are in car and now you are stuck with said cart. Do yu dare leave kids in car just to return cart to crt container? I say put it up on a median....or offer it to a passer by.

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger L said...

I love Cocoa Beach I was just there in April, I lived in the Daytona area.
Email me my email addie is on my profile page. ;)

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Fleur de Bee said...

I got to The Melting Pot with my husband all the time. It is my fav! I always wondered however why it took 3 hours just for a simple fondue (of which I am pretty well known for my fondue parties, ahem) to cook and make. We always seem to get the slowest person, but the nice thing is we seem to snag a corner where no one is and makeout all night so maybe that is it?? Oh well. By the time those brownies and cheesecakes and dessert try comes out (we like the Smores one best) we are so full but we STILL eat the WHOLE thing! LOL Oh how American!

Sounds like a full weekend! Hope you are recovered by now :)

XX-Molly

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Distant Timbers Echo said...

Oh, man. Cooking in high heels! That is quite possibly the coolest thing in the world!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home