Wednesday, August 30, 2006

OH NO YOU DIDN'T



It happened, the day you hear about, the day you dread, the day that makes your heart sink a little. As I dropped my daughter off at school today, she rushed out of the car (her backpack almost as big as her) to catch up with friends. She was in such a hurry. I barely got the words good-bye out. So I did what any great mom would do. I rolled down the window, leaned out and shouted (at the top of my lungs) "Bye honey, have a good day I love you." She stopped dead in her tracks turned around, glared stared and then gave me the no you "did'ent" look. I looked back at her shrugged my shoulders and mouthed the word "sorry?"
Down by her side I saw her little hand do a : 1 finger, 4 fingers, 3 fingers, 2 fingers.
My heart filled up as well as a few tears. That's our code for I love you too....

8 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, Blogger L said...

AAWW how sweet.
My son told me this morning when we get to school that I had to leave I couldnt wait with him, I almost shed a tear, he told he knows what he is doing and he dont need me there.

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Hotboy said...

Lori took the words right out of my mouth! Hotboy

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Girlie said...

Awwww...so sweet. All kids goes through that phase. You have a beautiful daughter.

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger MIA said...

Thanks Lori, hotboy, and shoshana. Tonight was open house, gotta love those little desks and teachers that talk to you as if you were the second grader.

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Jay Noel said...

She's growing up so fast. What a beautiful daughter you have, and so sweet too.

My son just started kindergarten...it's so surreal. Wasn't he just a little new born that couldn't hold his head up?

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger MIA said...

cherish every moment, we are all so lucky. Have a great weekend. We are visiting grandma in Florida (mimi) as she is better known

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Lee Ann said...

Wow, we do that code with our fingers too! :)

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Kuan Gung said...

Time...how it slips away...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home