Saturday, August 19, 2006

THINGS YOU JUST DON'T KNOW


Our counrty is in the midst of a hanger shortage. I was horrified when I learned this today as I picked up my dry cleaning. The sign was posted in three places. Thank God they had enough hangers left for my 42 garments. Not that I'm concerned just about my clothes or anything, this is after all a SERIOUS problem. Just think of the ramifications if all the hangers in our counrty became extinct. Right now I'm thinking they are on an endangered list. I'm also thinking of putting bundles of 10 on Ebay and possibly selling the ones I have. Of course the money raised would be donated to my new charity. The SAVE A HANGER FOUNDATION. In addition to ebay you may adopt a hanger for just a penny a day. I feel so much better now that I have contributed to such a worthy cause. Won't you reach down in the depths of your hearts and souls and support the cause with me. A hanger is a terrible thing to waste.

4 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Blogger Dave Morris said...

I don't find this subject at ALL funny. I have a brother who lost all of his hangers in a big closet fire. He hasn't been the same since.

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Girlie said...

Wow, scarred forever by hanger shortage. That must be some hanger attachment.

Are you sure about this hanger shortage? I think they must have ended up in my house. I keep giving boxes and boxes of them to Goodwill, and somehow they always come back in my closets, infesting my racks!

:)

Cool blog. I think I'll be visiting again.

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Polyman2 said...

Wirehangers!!!

Glad I have no need for them.
Only have one set of clothes
that I sleep in also.

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Blogarita said...

I've kidnapped 500 hundred hangers and I'm holding them hostage in my basement. Bring $15 in unmarked bills to the back of the dry cleaners at midnight tonight. Come alone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home