Monday, September 11, 2006

FIRST KISS, LAST KISS



You know the feeling... you get a little flushed, your stomach gets the jitters, your lips finally touch, it's electric. WOW! Your very first kiss. I have had many first kisses and quite honestly I'm getting tired.

It's no secret to those who have recently joined me on this new adventure called blogging, I'm a single mom. I'm smart, witty, and consider myself attractive inside and out. I have a great career and I do my very best (with my boss's help) to balance executive life with running back and forth to room parent duties, brownie troop volunteer and 20 minute lunches with my daughter.

I've have and am doing the internet dating scene, by far better than the bar scene. However, I have to tell you it's exhausting. The emailing, the phone calls and then the build up to the....Meeting. Some good, some not so good and some quite honestly a waste of lip gloss. This in itself could be a whole blog forum.

Why is it so difficult to find a "match?" All I know these days is I'm wanting that first jittery, butterflies in your stomach, electric first kiss to be my very last, first kiss. SMOOOCHES to all

AFTERTHOUGHT: I posted the above on my lunch hour. By design I did not want to post anything about 9/11. The intention was not for disrespect or lack of empathy. It had recieved so much attention all weekend, if you think about it, the last five years we have heard some reference to it everyday. By the time I left for work this morning I had heard every name and endless tearful stories.
Then on my after lunch drive back to the office, a shiver went up my spine and a pit in my stomach. I thought about my post FIRST KISS, LAST KISS
How many people five years ago today did not know that the kiss they gave thier loved one would be the last?
To all: Give someone you love a kiss today and everyday
XO Mia

10 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Blogger Trundling Grunt said...

cool post. I wonder if some of the reason is that peoples' expectations are too high - iether of themsleves or of their potential partner. I used to know one guy who used to exude desperation pheromones. Women could pick up on them and so avoided him like the plague. Then he gave up trying and relaxed. He found his partner less than a year later.

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger MIA said...

Yes good point. I'm more of the I'm so busy trying keep things balanced that I'm sometimes too happy just "being" or staying home on my fre night without my daughter. I do have high expectations but realize that the older you get certain things are more important say than his trans am (wink) thanks Mr. Grunt

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Steven said...

I can't really help you here.

I pretty much had zero dates of any kind until I was 21...then I met my wife online, and married her.

Dating wasn't hard for me...finding someone who would give me the time of the day was though. ;)

Steve~

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Distant Timbers Echo said...

A friend of mine is going through this also, with the Yahoo Dating thing.

I told her to forget it. She keeps meeting losers. Blog instead. Search out and find some blogger men in your area or region whom you can blog with. Don't tell 'em what you're up to, just blog with them. Find out about them.

In bloggerland, you see a person's heart long before you see their body, and it's much more effective than trying to weed through losers on the Dating Scene to find that one diamond. There are plenty of diamonds here in Blogger.

And it's a better way to get to know someone than email, I think.

Always,
Jas...

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger MIA said...

STEVE; you met your wife online. so in the words I quote from dumb and dumber "so there is a chance"

Nerdboy: I understand, I just hate to think that people are losers. They may just not be for me. Since I am an infant blogger, so far so good. Not sure how you would meet anyone this way though.... Do they have blogger nights or Bloggy hours..hahahah

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Dead man walking said...

I agree with Jas..people who blog really let you see what they are made of in most cases. I met my better half through blogging and quite unexpectedly. On the upside, be glad you are not two hours north of St. Louis in Moberly. You'd have trouble finding a cordial person here, much less a nice guy..lol..

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Trundling Grunt said...

Oh, I was just musing about someone that your post brought to mind. You seem to have it sussed.

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Fleur de Bee said...

Guess what Mia?,,,My husband and I met on a dating site through our religious group on the net! We have been together for 5 years and married for 4. I had a blast, however I do know how tiring it was. I prefer it however and suggest it to anyone as it really takes the BLIND out of blind dating!

Sounds like you are doing a fab job as a Mom! Just remember to take a breather once in a while! AND give yourself a lot of credit, especially since raising a child on your own. I have a HUGE respect for single mothers!!

XX-Molly

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Kuan Gung said...

It's like mining for gold...but that's the goal...very best of luck mia...warmest greetings

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I met my hubby on the Internet nine years ago. It does work sometimes!

I wish you lots of luck, but you won't need it. You have everything you need to find a meaningful relationship inside you.

Cheers,
Carol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home